ROLLING HILLS GARDEN CENTER
VILLAGE GALLERY FLORIST AND GIFT SHOPPE
"Spring - an experience in immortality."
- Henry D. Thoreau
May, more than any other month of the year, wants us to feel most alive.
"If it's drama that you sigh for, plant a garden and you'll get it. You will know the thrill of battle fighting foes that will beset it. If you long for entertainment and for pageantry most glowing, plant a garden and this summer spend your time with green things growing."
- Edward A. Guest, Plant a Garden
Lawn and Garden Tips for May
• Apply lawn weedkiller to your lawn this month.
• Feed your lawn with a high-nitrogen fertilizer to encourage healthy green growth.
• Water the grass during hot weather - that’s particularly important for newly seeded or turfed lawns. Never allow new lawns to dry out.
• Lower mower blades to their regular summer-cut height.
• Continue sowing lawn seed and repairing bare patches in the early part of the month.
• Postpone mowing newly sown grass until it reaches 3 inches in height and make sure the mower blades are on a high setting.
Divide hostas as they start to grow
Plant summer hanging baskets
Tie in climbing and rambling roses
Feed and water container plants
Prune spring blooming shrubs as they finish blooming.
Take a Look at Our Gallery